Content & Format
👉 General Information Format and Content
- Abstracts should be submitted in English only
The total number of words for Oral and Poster presentations cannot exceed 450 words and the abstract should use the following structure:
- Abbreviations can be used after defining them first.
- The use of graphs, tables and images is strongly discouraged.
- Abstract body: Do not use capital letters.
- Abstract title: Do not use capital letters. The title should reflect the content.
- Authors: list them with family name first, followed by first name (i.e. Jones, Brian; Smith, John; and Simpson, Ann).
The name of the first author is also the presenting author. Do not include professional titles or degrees. A maximum of six names will be allowed - first/presenting author and five co-authors.
- Keywords: Authors are requested to mention a minimum of two and a maximum of three keywords.
👉 Images and Tables
- Images should be high-resolution, ideally over 300 dpi
- Tables should be formatted using the “Table function” in a word processing programme, to ensure that columns of data are kept aligned
- Tables should not be created with tabs or submitted as images
- Figures and tables have to be numbered (e.g. Table 1) with a short, descriptive title
👉 Consent and Ethics
A statement that patient consent to present and publish has been obtained should be included when:
- Abstracts include patient videos/photos
- 3 or more pieces of identifiable information about individual patients (age, gender, diagnosis)
Research involving human subjects must have been approved by an appropriate ethics committee.
👉 Video Guidelines
Video upload: Authors of abstracts for videos should upload their video file at time of submission.
- Only videos uploaded to the online abstract submission platform will be considered for presentation and awards. All video presentations must be edited.
- Productions must not be longer than 5 minutes including titles and a spoken narrative explaining the objectives of the procedure and the methods used during the procedure. Conclude with the results or outcome of the procedure.
- Abstract should describe the video presentation in brief. Refer to the major and important points that viewers should pay attention to. Follow an abstract style, written in no more than 300 words.
- The video format must be .mp4 or .mwv or .mov
- The video should be preferably in 16:9 and HD (High Definition 1280x720px | 50Hz or 1920x1080px | 50Hz)
- The audio should be of high quality: make sure there is no background noise in the sound track, record the audio at the right level so that the voice over is intelligible
- Silent videos (without narration) are not accepted
In case you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org