We invite you to present your scientific work at the ESGE 33rd Annual Congress 2024 to be held in Marseille, France on 27th - 30th October 2024.
Notifications regarding abstract acceptance/rejection will be sent out on 24th June 2024.
How to submit an Abstract
Make sure your abstract complies with the necessary guidelines.
- Abstracts must be submitted exclusively online via the submission system.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English only.
- Previously published or presented material may be submitted and presented at the Congress but will not be published in the Abstract Book. The authors are required to complete a statement to confirm whether the submitted material has been published before.
- A statement of patient consent to publish should be included when abstracts include patient videos/photos and/or 3 or more pieces of identifiable information about individual patients (age, gender, diagnosis)
- In the case of more than one submission, only one oral presentation meeting the criteria will be selected.
- Maximum number of authors is 6.
- Video abstract should include the video (final version) with abstract submission.
- Please read carefully the instructions about the topics, content and format and submission procedure before submitting your abstract
Make sure the content and format of your abstract meets the requirements
General Information Format and Content
- Abstracts should be submitted in English only
The total number of words for Oral and Poster presentations cannot exceed 450 words and the abstract should use the following structure:
- Abbreviations can be used after defining them first.
- The use of graphs, tables and images is strongly discouraged.
- Abstract body: Do not use capital letters.
- Abstract title: Do not use capital letters. The title should reflect the content.
- Authors: list them with family name first, followed by first name (i.e. Jones, Brian; Smith, John; and Simpson, Ann).
The name of the first author is also the presenting author. Do not include professional titles or degrees. A maximum of six names will be allowed - first/presenting author and five co-authors.
- Keywords: Authors are requested to mention a minimum of two and a maximum of three keywords.
Images and Tables
- Images should be high-resolution, ideally over 300 dpi
- Tables should be formatted using the “Table function” in a word processing programme, to ensure that columns of data are kept aligned
- Tables should not be created with tabs or submitted as images
- Figures and tables have to be numbered (e.g. Table 1) with a short, descriptive title
Consent and Ethics
A statement that patient consent to present and publish has been obtained should be included when:
- Abstracts include patient videos/photos
- 3 or more pieces of identifiable information about individual patients (age, gender, diagnosis)
Research involving human subjects must have been approved by an appropriate ethics committee.
Video upload: Authors of abstracts for videos should upload their video file at time of submission.
- Only videos uploaded to the online abstract submission platform will be considered for presentation and awards. All video presentations must be edited.
- Productions must not be longer than 5 minutes including titles and a spoken narrative explaining the objectives of the procedure and the methods used during the procedure. Conclude with the results or outcome of the procedure.
- Abstract should describe the video presentation in brief. Refer to the major and important points that viewers should pay attention to. Follow an abstract style, written in no more than 300 words.
- The video format must be .mp4 or .mwv or .mov
- The video should be preferably in 16:9 and HD (High Definition 1280x720px | 50Hz or 1920x1080px | 50Hz)
- The audio should be of high quality: make sure there is no background noise in the sound track, record the audio at the right level so that the voice over is intelligible
- Silent videos (without narration) are not accepted
- All PhDs that their title and aim/s are related to Minimally Invasive Gynaecological Surgery
- Status: The PhD Thesis has to be at its last completed stage with conclusive results and submitted to the University or PhD studies have been granted within the last 2 years form the annual ESGE congress
- Abstracts should be submitted in English only.
- The PhD Thesis abstract cannot exceed 450 words and the abstract should use the following structure:
- Materials / Patients
- Method’s, Results
- Impact to patients’ health
Have your login credentials for the abstract submission plattform ready
If you have not submitted an abstract before please click below to create a new account
If you already have an account, but have forgotten your password, please click the button below
Please make sure to store your credentials safely!
Submit your Abstract - Be careful to choose the correct one
Register for the congress
Please be aware that only abstracts of authors who are registered for the congress will be considered for placement within the Scientific Programme and published in the Official Abstract Publication.
The congress registration will start 7th May. Make sure to register early to benifit from the early bird registration fees.
You will be informed ragarding your abstract acceptance/rejection by 24th June